Sunday, September 6, 2009

Best of Ringling 2009 - Artist Residence Design - Interior Design 2 - 2nd Year

So this was my Interior Design 2 Residential Design Project. Definitely the project that showed me how intense Ringling can be and probably changed my work ethic for the rest of my life! All I can do is laugh when I think of memories of the blood sweat and tears that went into it (literally blood - I have a huge scar from burning my skin off with the hot glue gun while mounting the materials hahaha). 
Realized that I have a huge weakness in hand rendering, but I love love love how the graphic design layout of the four boards came together. 

The concept was the painting "Flower Power" by the painter Beatriz Milhazes. I always feel so completely captivated by her paintings and this particular one just seemed to call to me to be used as a concept. Every singe aspect, even the graphic board design is reinforced by the concept. I could not be any happier with the end result...could definitely improve a lot of little things but it was just such an amazing learning process and experience. No doubt in my mind I could not have gotten it to this point without lots of prayer and love for the One that I design for :)



No comments:

Post a Comment